Thursday, February 5, 2009

I got eaten alive last night!

So last night is the fist night that I knew I wasnt in the USA anymore. I woke up this morning with multiple bug bites on my arms and a few on my forehead- I did have bug spray on but they are very itchy and the cream doesnt help :(

I took my Twi test last night- I think I did okay- not 100% but I really dont think any of us will. Which is scary is that means that the class is 1/3 of the way done. With two more tests we will be done. (This class has to be done before finals because of the way that finals are scheduled here, so its only a 10 week class). My drumming class is the same way and the final will be before April 27th when finals begin. I really would like to know when my other final is going to be hopefully it will be early in the schedule so after that I dont have to worry about being around campus. Here's in brief what happens. There are 3 final slots a day for about 3 weeks. There is a schedule that comes out but it is not final EVER. So there is a possibility if you travel you would not know about the change and miss a final because it got changed over night. So if both my finals happen early then i dont have to worry about a change and can travel or volunteer! Get it?

This is my last post until either Sunday night (afternoon America time)/Monday (sometime). We leave at 6am tomorrow to go to Kumase (Kumasi for Caitlin to mark the map...) Thats all for now.

Midge

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marissa,
I am sooo in awe of you and where you are and what you're doing. I don't think that I could ever do it...I'm definitely a person who needs the creature comforts of home. And your photos are amazing. I was getting claustophobic just looking at the slave quarters...how terrible it must have been for them. It blows the mind to think that humanity ever was like that. I wish that you would put yourself in more of your photos...it's nice seeing you :). Please continue with the blogs and pictures...I love reading about your adventures and seeing everything that I KNOW I personally will never see.

Lots of love,
Aunt Elaine

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I had a lot of catching up with your blogs. Again it was great to hear your voice. I will be viewing your pictures here soon.....and will live your adventure through your lens of your camera. Enjoy your trip. Be safe and take care.
Love you,
Mom :)

Anonymous said...

Marissa,
Your links worked perfectly. Your pictures are awesome....you have the ability of capturing the essence of what are you seeing.....
keep sending us a piece of your world that you are experiencing.
Love always, Mom :)