A single girl could not have asked for a better Valentine’s Day then the one that I had in Africa. Seven ISEPers (plus 2 others who didn’t stay with us) decided to venture to Ada Foah (pronounced Ada- short a, and Foe) It is a resort-y area with a lot of resorts and beautiful beached. We spent the night at the Dream Land Resort where the staff was most pleasant and accommodating. There was the 7 of us and 5 other ladies from Germany in their three huts. They were very clean and affordable. We arrived at the resort around noon on Saturday after about a 2.5 hour journey that was very uneventful which is uncommon here. We ate lunch and then headed to the beach where we stayed until sunset. Though the sunset was not as nice as we hoped for it did have a certain beauty in the way that it reflected on the water. The beach was very clean and there was no one there which allowed for most of us to read books or listen to waves crashing on the shore. I was able to collect the smoothest shells that I have ever felt here. At about 6pm when the sun disappeared we headed back to the rooms where we had porches and some people had dinner- or as I had fresh tropical fruit and ice cream. What a night- I mean you can not celebrate National Chocolate Day Aka Valentine’s day with out a piece of chocolate. The staff created a small bon fire for us. But about 15 minutes later we felt a few raindrops on our heads and the next thing we knew there was a full on tropical storm with lighting, thunder and a beautiful down pour. It was a beautiful storm. We did loose power for about 15 minutes but the staff provided us with lanterns and still brought the food that was on order in the pouring rain. It stormed until about 1am which is a long storm for the region- I did not sleep the best- not sure why but it was other wise a great stay. They were great! I am going to recommended anyone else who is going there to stay there.
The option was available for a canoe tour of Volta River which the connecting point between Lake Volta- the biggest Man Made Lake and the Atlantic Ocean. We ventured out at 8am to join Set (my guide) and his elder brother on their canoes where they brought us to the Azikpe an island where sugar cane is there big crop which means that Rum follows closely after the sugar cane. Since I do not drink I did not try what is to be considered some of the best Rum in the world but the other in the group did try it and they said it was very good. I will most likely buy some to bring home for anyone that would like to try it. I got some even more beautiful shells off of this island. The boat trip and the walk on the island was so peaceful and just had a great essence and gave a great end to the weekend. After our two hour tour was over 5 of us headed back to Legon because we have things to do tomorrow- Johnny and Lorine are staying a second night and I am sure are on the beach right now. I don’t have class but I do have an ‘appointment’ to get Emmanuel into school. So I am back showered, feed, and unpacked and will enjoy the rest of the day or either reading or catching up with people.
Photos Ghana 5 are up check them out!
Midge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment