Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Day In The Life

So today like the early post said I was going to the Orphanage. So its Sunday so we got to do things other then homework. The older children had chores but not all day. So a reading, dancing, watching TV, futball and learning how to really do my laundry and a cooking lesson until they all settled down for Lunch. After lunch I took Felix for a walk for a little surprise- we were going to get Ice Cream- not really but its what they have here. Its called Fan Milk (Cream frozen in a sachet type bag- three flavours- yogo (strawberry) Chocolate and Vanilla- I get all the names screwed up so I wont even try. So we ventured and found a seller- after explaining with not much luck but then a little smile from Felix and he came to the orphanage. The children could not have been happier! It was great. I was going around to all the kids and little Kofi who is 2 decided to squirt me with his Fan Milk- it was so cute- gross- but cute! So after a little clean up I headed home. (I was planning on leaving soon- he didnt make me want to leave.) The children had the camera again- they took about 175 pictures... I got it down to about 50- they take a lot that arn't really of anything but these are great memories compared if I take them! Thats all- goodnight

Midge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marissa,
It sounds like you had a fun day with the children on Sunday with "ice cream". THey are enjoyign your presence as well as you are enjoying the time with them...anxious to see the pictures! Hopefully you going to the post offcie will have limited stories attached...so hopefully it will be uneventful for you. Love Mom :)