Saturday, March 14, 2009

The weekend is here!

What really is a weekend in Ghana? Basically my week days are Tuesday and Thursday- and if you consider going to the orphanage work (I don't) then Wednesday. But the technically weekend that people refer to is here. Many of my friends are traveling- I decided to opt out so I can go to the orphanage and relax. Last night even with a little rain it did not deter me from going to see Beauty and the Beast with Jessica, Jess, Ryan T, Melissa, Lorin, and Israel. There are a few canopies but basically the theatre is open- it didn't down pour but it did rain for about the first hour.... The show was the junior version- which I think they could have done the whole one if they had -a bigger stage and more rehearsal time. The show was very enjoyable they did have a few sound problems most likely rain related, and also not the best equipment. For some people like Israel who have never seen the movie the stage version is confusing (especially with some costumes that were not very clear on what they were). But I helped him out and a few of the other randoms around me to know what was going on. Ghanaian theatre is very different for one- the audience is very vocal. When Belle and the Beast were kissing you would have thought we were at a futball game. Yelling, cheering, standing up, cattle calls from some guys. It is very interesting because at home we would never witness that. People yell out we can't "see your voice" meaning hear when someone is not projecting enough- seems like a common theme all around- something they should work on- Almost every show has had that problem. But all in all it was fun.

I came back and unexpectedly Jane the seamstress was here- my top still needs some alterations but the two skirts are done! I can't decided if I want to get a dress made- I just don't think I will wear it- So IDK.

Today is a lay low kind of day. Just gonna read, maybe go buy a DVD and watch some movies if I can find one that works. Tomorrow I haven't fully decided on plans- It is communion week at the interdenominational church which means it most likely will be longer, I might go to the Catholic Church but it is lent- and lent masses at home are torture- I don't know if I could sit through one here (After Easter I will go I think). I should be leaving at 12ish for the Orphanage so if the interdenominational is very long I won't be able to get on the road when I want to- so I think i will skip church this week. (Long explanation for nothing- I know.)

Thats it for now- Leave some loving.
Midge

No comments: