Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Living Life without Regret

So today- I have been to my two classes and am done with the day- and its only 11am! well lets say its a great feeling.

Class review- so the professor started our lecture about "Edufa" a play based in Ghana by a Ghanaian playwrite with "We are going to review this play for everyone but especially for our American student- because all of you read this at level 100." Well then- a special lecture for me! lol- luckily everyone else was taking noted- I understood the play but a few things defiantly got clarified for me. He is a really nice professor- all of mine are/were. My drum professor still like to make fun of me...lol two rhythms don't work for me- I can get one not two!

Plans for this weekend- I am going to Kumasi to go to the Ghana Black Stars against Benin in a world cup qualifying match. Lets say it should be crazy. Which is what brings me to the topic of the day- Living life without regret. At first I was nervous because of the safety of futball games- but I am in Africa where futball is life. So how can I be here for months and not go to a game. I will not let the opportunity pass me by while I am here. So I will go with wide open eyes and the littlest amount of money and enjoy the game! There are a lot of us going up- but I am going to stay with a smaller group- I think its easier and safer to stay with a small group because you are able to travel easier then if you are in a herd of people-

I do not want to take a day that I am here for granted- I want to live each day to its fullest. I haven't traveled in a few weeks and I am excited to go to this!

Thats it-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So have a great time at the game.
I felt the same way when I was in
Spain ... I could never imagine leaving the country without seeing a bull-fight. Now I am opposed to the whole concept of bull-fighting but waht is the old saying, "when in Rome ..." or should it be "what happens in Vegas ..." Oh well.

Nice spring day here today after three very cold ones for the end of March. Can't wait for some golf and maybe even some "yard work?" We have so many limbs down - don't know if mom told you but it looks like the crabapple tree needs to come down! And then the end of May isn't so far off any more, is it? Savor the rest of your time over there.

Love you, Dad