Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hmm- oh the things that make you laugh!

A Story Part 1: (Cute Chapter)

The other afternoon/evening Andi and I went to the night market to get some food. There is a central part that splits the market in two and there were a bunch of kids- they usually say hello and thats about it. But two of the boys said and I quote "I Love you Baby, I love you" At first both of us were thinking they were talking to the little Ghanaian girls with them- but then they started following us- and kept saying it. They were like 7-9 years old so it was cute and all of the ladies in the market were laughing. Kids say the darnedest things?

A Story Part 2: (Not so cute chapter)
Today in drumming- location drum circle at front of campus- near a very busy street!
We were about 10 minutes into class when this very weird man walked over- he had a jean jacket on with no shirt on and jeans that were unbuttoned-where we could clearly see his red boxers. So for about 10 minutes he watched and our professor said that he needs to leave. He didn't and our prof was nice about it- so we actually got to the point were we were playing the song through and he started dancing- this time the professor asked him in Twi to leave and the guy said something back (not sure)... and then he lite something- i though it was a cigarette until he put it out for a while. When again in English, a little angrier our prof asked him to leave. we continued playing and he lite the thing he was smoking again and since the winds had changed slightly we all realized it was not a cig but a joint that he was smoking. Luckily the next thing a porter was walking by- our professor was mad now and told the porter that he needs to leave. So he finally left. After he was way gone- our prof said he kept saying he enjoyed watching the ladies--- Adults do NOT say the darnedest things! ewww...it made Andi and I very uncomfortable... but whatever. Smoking pot is illegal here and has a sentence of 10 years in a work prison- I really wish it was the police not a porter who came! The prof was laughing after- "something to write home about!"

A Story Part 3: (Not cute at all)
You remember those ant hills- well I have had a few mini invasions in my room- but nothing Raid can not handle. But little rascals come by unexpected. They come out of my keyboard? They are found crawling on me- they really like me? They just show up- and they don’t die easily- they are so small I don’t get it. Ant that don’t die aren’t cute.

A Story Part 4:
Lizard mating season has begun. The hostel is alive with mating. I have seen numerous pairs- can’t wait for all the new rug rats to be running around. I have a new gecko in my room- Smaller then Bob. I don’t mind- he is a little more active then Bob. He shows up and runs around the room collecting those nasty bugs! They are good to have around.

Twi has 5 more classes left which is crazy...

I go to the orphanage tomorrow with Jess- who wants to start volunteering there as well. Which should be fun.

We are going to have a long day on Friday- we need to leave here like 630am to get to the festival before it starts and also to get good seat! Should be a lot of fun though!!!!

<3 Midge

No comments: