Wednesday, March 4, 2009

TroTro Rule Number 1- You are not single: engaged or married is best!

So today was very interesting on the tros- basically all 4 trips has a story.

Chapter One- Legon to 37th Station.
Jessica and I headed to Teshie Orphanage to help out. The first tro was a little difficult to get but we finally boarded one. A stop after ours a man got on and started praying, singing, clapping in the name of Jesus. Not sure his message it was half English/ half Twi. We arrived at 37 and headed to the Teshie Tros.

Chapter Two- 37th to Lescala.
We were the last two for the tro from the station which is nice- because if you are the first one you sweat until its full! The man next to me ask me questions about why I was here and what we were doing- it was nice. He has very broken English so it was a little difficult but it was a nice trip.

Chapter Three- Lescala to 37th.
Jess and I with a shake of a hand (yup its that easy) get a tro to 37th. We entered and we were the only females. The man next to me in brief- asked me to take him to the states and marry him. His friends also asked- so 3 in one day....not to bad- just joking. Its not unusual but 3 in one trip really???

Chapter Four- 37th to Legon:
We waited in line for not too long and got a tro that decided to take the off road route which was fine until we got to a spot where one of the lovely Ghanaian police men was to stop us and make us turn around. So instead of saving like 20 minutes in traffic we added another 30. Bribe I guess didn't work this time. But we are back and un harmed....

But the orphanage was great today. Kofi who is two finally got close to me and was sad when I left today he sat and played with me the whole time- he better not be gone next week. My twins- yes MY TWINS! are gone- they went to a home, their home, idk- some type of home. I took a few photos but my batteries died and i didnt have spares so I will bring it back again and again- I will upload soon- after Friday and Saturdays activities! We are going to the beach April 10th- please all start praying now that we have a nice day with no rain!!!!!

Thats my day- Oh the joys of African Life- I will miss them but some things I will be glad not to deal with any more....

Midge

No comments: