So yesterday was another great day in Ghana. My friend Mallory is dating a Lebanese guy who lives about an hour and a half from here. She wanted us to come up and visit so that is what we did- with that we got to go to one place that I have been wanting to go to for a while but because there have been no rains it was pointless. So we went- They picked us up at the tro station when we arrive at about 11am. We went to Mohamed's office for a bit and then headed with Mohamed's room mate Youcif and the driver Heffer to Boti Falls- it was absolutely beautiful and then we went to this place called Umbrella Rock which is a really cool rock formation that is shaped- you guessed it like an Umbrella. Andi and I got to ride in the back of the truck for a little bit with some local boys who spoke no English and our Twi was not getting through to them. Whatever. We then went back to Mohamed and Youcif's house (which was huge and beautiful- owned by the company they work for) and we decided that we would make them an American meal- 3 girls trying to cook in a somewhat non-modern kitchen was very entertaining. Their house help Matilda helped us a lot- we made stir-fry which isnt fully American or fully anything- they eat it but they were all speaking Arabic (2 others from their work came) so we really don't know what was going on. Andi and I headed back soon after dinner was done because we needed to get back at a decent hour- we arrived at the tro station basically got the last two seats! Always the best and were back at Legon 12 hours after we started the day at 9pm! It was a great day they were all very funny and crazy guys.
Ghana 14 is up- so you can see the places that we went. I didn't take pictures of the house but the scenery in the area was just amazing! Warning some of our pictures are just a little silly!
Today I am studying and then going to go to Champs again for Trivia and to get my stomach use to some American foods....
<3 Midge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hope we have an African food night when you return!
Good Luck on your exams!
<3
Marissa - AMAZING!
Glad you were able to make it - I know it was on your agenda. And only hours until you are 21 ,,, WOW!!!
On our way to RI today ... memorial mass for uncle
Anthony tomorrow.
Got some golf in yesterday ... had fun
Mom is getting on next - I'm sure she'll talk to you, too. Love you - DAS
Marissa.....
Crazy and fun pictures as well as breathtaking....again we live your experience through your lense....
Have a great weekend and enjoy your celebrations....I was remembering 21 years ago just prior to giving birth to you.....it seems so long ago but then again it seems like yesterday.
Be careful and have fun..
Love you, Mom :)
Marissa, Pepere and I wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was too late to send your card but it will be here when you get back. You sure are getting to see things and doing things that we will never get to experience. We think that's great. We've enjoyed looking at you pictures. They're great. Keep them coming.
We'll see you soon.
Love you
Memere and Pepere
Marissa,
As I type this at 8:31PM on Sunday night....in Africa you are now 21 years old!!!!. I am singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! Hope your celebration was everything and then some for you and your friends....
Everyone in RI sends their best to you!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!!
Love you,
Mom :)
Post a Comment