So Here we go-
Saturday:
Andi and I hung around the hostel for the day- we studied- I did some revisions on notes- it is revisions week for the matter so I guess I should. We then went to the night market and had food- exciting day! Not- but its okay.
Sunday:
The ISEP group of 16 of the 37 of us went on the Dodi Princess lunch cruise on the Volta Lake. It is the biggest man made lake in the world (China is trying to beat that right now though). The land is just beautiful. A very modern boat with a jazz band and great food is where we spent about 2.5 hours going to an island having a short tour of the island and then heading back. It was a very relaxing day. And on the drive up I saw a Baboon. No pictures to proof it but I saw it!!! It was a very nice day!!!
Monday:
We got up and headed to Teshie to get the older kids from the orphanage. They were basically all ready when we got there. We got to the beach around 10:15. Andi had a brilliant idea of making PB&J for them- American food- so we did with Pineapple Jam- but it tasted good! We took 12 kids. On the way to the beach we were lucky and found an empty tro to bring us- though we paid about double of what we should have- its the ease of the matter. The kids were all very well behaved. All in all- tro rides, admission to beach, lunch, and a soda each- was a very cheap day- but one I will never forget. Some of the kids smiled who I had never seen smile before. There are pictures coming don't worry! It was a great day and when we got back to the orphanage and I had to say final good-byes I had to hold back tears- hopefully they will write back when I send them letters! We got back to campus around 4:30 and were exhausted. Got some dinner and then went to relax- but we lost power- the first time around 30 minutes and then it came on for 30 and then we lost it for another 1.5- we had a "picnic"- not really just a talk in the courtyard- it was great we talked about so many different things- and then because one of the boys and I had a little incident at the beach my neck was hurting and I had to lay down- its fine don't worry. I slept the night away and slept in to 8am!!!
Tuesday:
The day is lazy- just gonna hang around and study.
Pictures are in Ghana 13-check them out!
<3 Midge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marissa,
So happy that your day at the beach with the children was great! That will stay with you those smiles as long as you keep those precious memories...that day was very special for those kids......
Your trip sounded wonderful and looking forward in seeing some pictures.
Hope your neck is feeling better and good for you for sleeping in for once!!!
Dad made the deposit today and also there was a deposit from Nana and aunt Doria for your bday!!!!!
Love you, Mom :)
I was all smiles looking at those wonderful photos of the kids!!!!!
Nice job and all will remember that special day
Love, Mom :)
Post a Comment