Friday, April 10, 2009

This week thus far..... sorry for the delay!

Hello there!

So Wednesday I went to get my hair in a somewhat traditional way. Photos are up in album 11 which is linked in a previous post! It took just about 6 hours. I think it looks decent on me. The theatre kids all were commenting about it on Thursday in class. It does itch a lot but getting use to it.

After getting my hair done I went to the orphanage which was to be the last day that we went to help out besides Friday (today) for our field trip. So Jess and I got there after a ton of traffic! We helped with a little work and then we were treated to the kids dancing and singing. It was great! and then the two Stevens from the Jr. High School who taught them- attempted to teach us a little. We succeeded a little... but we don't got the rhythm.

So after that Jess and I headed back and again we couldn't get a Tro from 37th so we decided to walk and try to get a Taxi- we walked attempted a few and then a open transport truck came by- we asked where they were going but no one could give us an exact answer- because we would have hopped in but we don't tell people where we are going before they say where they are going. So we walked some more and finally got to a bus stop and some people were getting a taxi. I ran over to see where they were going and they said University- I was like do you have room for two but they already had three. I was like she (Jess) can sit on my lap- and they asked the driver so we got in the car. Not that later we got to campus- Jess and I got out before the gate so we wouldn't get the driver in trouble for over loaded car and when we went to thank them because they wouldn't let us pay I slipped them some money- (getting good at this which i don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing)... So they start yelling us that we should respect elders and or lecturers--- Oops- Oh well.

So Thursday we had drum class and Prof Johnson was in a very bad mood! We all wanted to walk but we are so close to exam that we cant! after that Andi and I went to the ISEP office and hung for awhile until her friend called us that he was in his office and we went there for a bit- and then it was time for me to go to class- Prince and Israel wanted me to come early so the could copy notes- and Prince picked on me the whole time for having too good of notes! so I have now been officially invited to all class study groups! We will see how many I go to- but it will also be fun!!!

Today like I said we are going to the park, tomorrow Andi and I are going to the African Market/Cultural Center to try to finish up our shopping.... and Easter is still TBA. We still don't know if we are going to the Leprosy Colony or not- if not we are gonna dress up and go to so fancy restaurant here.... or maybe not- plans are never made for sure. A lot of the group is going to be gone for the next two weeks they are gonna spend basically a week on buses (if not more) traveling to Mali and Niger. I wish them the best of luck.....

Thats all- more later this weekend- oh and you will all have to wait for the video.. sorry!

<3 Midge

No comments: