Friday, April 17, 2009

Mixed Feelings

So I am done with lectures! Wow- mixed emotions. Theatre Management was my first lecture and my last. It was weird because some of the people that I meet the first day I have remained close friends with from that day- by having it be the last class I realized that means I wont be seeing them on the regular basis I have been- at least twice a week. So to relieve some of those feelings I went out last night (my first time here). We went to Champs Sports Bar for Trivia night. it was a lot of fun and we had some amazing food- I might go back just to get the Chicken Burger that I had which was AMAZING- but drinks even water was outrageously priced! 2.00USD for a small bottle and 3.00USD for a big one- we usually bay 0.30 and .75- thats appalling. Our team 'yes pure water' (a story for another day) came in 3rd of like 7 and we won 15 Ghana Cedis- to split between the 9 of us! WOOOOO!!!! It was a lot of fun but turned into a later night then I thought it would!!!

Today is my first exam- drumming is in a little bit. ahh! will write more after taking it!

I cant remember if I wrote this already- but next Sunday Prince, me and now Reuban will be celebrating our birthdays- I am looking forward to hanging out with people outside of class and the few ISEPers that are around.

I rescued Andi this morning from her room- her roomie locked her into the room- yes it can happen with these locks! So I went and got the spare key- nothing too heroic but i think its funny!

Thats all for now- I guess I have gotten use to everything here- that its hard to find things that seem atypical here- wen I go back to the states I am sure I will actually have things to write about there! (I need news things- send me headlines- its scary how much we don't know here- thanks)

Midge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marissa,
It is certainly understandable the feelings that you are having...reality is beginning to set in. Enjoy every moment !!!
We received the check from Andi's mom....is this to go toward the credit bill or in our account??
Till the next time we speak..
Love you,
Mom :)