Saturday, January 10, 2009

Last Entry before Ghana

So I leave in about 24 hours!!! Ahhh. I am so excited, nervous, anxious, and so many other feelings that are hard to put into words. The phone calls are great! Keep them coming. I spoke with ma tante Ro last night for a while and Uncle Wayne! I love their phone calls... and thanks to Skype while I am away every one can call- I can call too! Ask me for the number... I will not post for good reasons- but email me and I will give it to you.

Yesterday, Thursday night, and Wednesday I work. Can I just say what has happened? I think it might be the full moon coming. Teens are getting even more crazy everyday- but I still love my work at the library.

So last Saturday I had my local "see you soon" party- it was great to have friends and family together one last time before I depart. I was so happy with the "variety" of my friends who came. It is hard to believe that I have know some of these people for almost 10 years. I feel old now but so young and full of life!

So the upcoming travel is of this: Sunday I leave Portland at 3pm, Arrive in NYC at 4ish. I leave NYC at 1030pm EST arrive in London at 1030am their time and then leave there at 2pm and arrive in Ghana at 830pm their time! Lets just say I CANT WAIT!!!!! I still haven't heard anything about our orientation schedule but I believe we start on Tuesday- I will try to update my blog ASAP maybe with some pictures but I am not sure when I will be able to get online and update- So be patient...but I swear I will be better on regularity of entries especially for Ro because she keeps reminding me that I am not very good at it ;-)

Everyone that I have talked to on Facebook, etc seem extremely nice and it is assuring that if stuff happens we will get through it. It is just like going to Southern my first semester but soo much further away.

So the skype thing to go back to that- Remember that I am 5 hours ahead. If I do not answer leave me a message with the time (local) that you want me to call you- phone tag will not be as easy- but leave me a time when you will be near your phone...Thanks.

So i guess that is it. Over and out-
Love you all, Midge

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like I'll be giving your Christmas gift as a welcome home gift. Oh, well; good luck, girl.

Bye, Midge - I'll miss you!

Marissa said...

Its okay Mike-- or you could be like creepy AJ and send mysterious packages to my house....but lets not because my house is out of sight out of mind for the next few months...

Anonymous said...

I sent you a text midgers but I'm sure you are super busy...so I'll leave you the same message in a post :)
Love and luck on your adventure! I'll be reading along with you as you embark on this great opportunity. Love you and be safe :)

"And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb" Kahlil Gibran

Marissa said...

Erica- I got it thanks! I will miss you. Love you... I love the quote- its going in the book ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh!

That's really all that needs to be said, right?

HAVE FUN!

MaryAnn said...

Bye Marissa,
All of us here in Vinalhaven are wishing you all the best in your travels. We will visit your blog often to check on your progress. Have fun.
Love,
Aunt MaryAnn and the gang

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Have an awesome time Marissa!! Keep in touch!!

Hallie

Anonymous said...

my little midge ,
Thank you so much for mentioning me and Wayne. You know we are both so proud of you. I already miss you so much.
Love you
Auntie and Wayne