First- I cannot believe that I have been here for almost 3 weeks- That means that there are only 14 more... how can that be? Well I guess I most start on things. Today Bethany and I have decided to volunteer at the Teshie Orphanage. Here is the link. http://www.teshieorphan.org.gh/ We have to go meet with the mother this coming Wednesday and then we should be able to start the weeks following. I am very excited about this opportunity.
ISEP is putting on a trip for us this weekend to Cape Coast and Elmina- I promise lots of pictures!!! So far there are 5 of us signed up for Mole- We need 10 more for the trip to run- I think it will happen- we still have 2 weeks to let them know...I hope it goes!!! If not i will be very upset... but there might be a change to see Elephants this weekend- we will see.
I guess my classes are all set- Drumming got approved with great enthusiasm!! Theatre Management ended up not running today but Ezra and I chatted for basically what would have been the whole time of the class about this and that. He is a very interesting guy and its great to have someone to talk to. I sorta want a room mate at this point but I dont know if I am gonna get one :( I got a small sunburn today as I was trying to figure out how to drop a class- I figured it out- but boy was it a pain...
I sent out 3 job applications today-ahhhh It seems like each year you have to send them out earlier and earlier- There are 4 or 5 more that i have to send out in the next few weeks- I have to get on that...
I am almost done reading Macbeth for my Play Analysis class- but i will probably read it again. I believe I am going to the beach tomorrow- so hopefully I can finish it for the first time and then continue to re-read it....
Thats it for now-
Midge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marissa,
I am happy that you found a place to volunteer...it sounds like a place that I would love to volunteer at....have a wonderful weekend and looking forward to your pictures..we are living your experience through your camera lens.
Be safe,
Love you, Mom :)
Hi Marissa, you seem to be managing things quite well in Africa. The food doesn't seem too bad. In fact, I love egg sandwitches. You've really got quite a busy schedule. Just got a call from my brother and he wanted your blog address but I don't have it., so I'll get it from your mom and send it to him.
ttyl.
Love, Memere & Pepere
Post a Comment