So unlike a typical American University where you know your schedule months before the semester starts- you at least know the classes that are being offered. Well the process at UG is not as simple. For one you can not just go on-line and see what is being offered. You must walk around campus and find each department and see the time tables (schedules) to see what classes are being offered when. The performing arts I guess are know to be one of the last departments and I believe they have out done themselves this semester as well by not posting today and saying not until Wednesday will the classes be up..... I did however attend one class today the Twi class. It was a lot of fun. I am a little nervous about all of the phonetic sounds that are involved but I am sure i will do okay. Tomorrow which is when my Twi class should be (Tuesday and Thursday 1730-1900) We are attending an inauguration party at one of the local hotels, which should be a lot of fun. There is so much excitement about Obama here.
I have two classes that I plan on attending in the music department tomorrow. The first is a drumming class, which I am still not sure what I will get for credit for, even if I can not get credit for this class I will still take it. I will also be attending one that I know I can get credit for which is African Pop Music. I am very interesting in this class because from all of the music I have already heard it is AMAZING!!!
So Danielle my room-mate decided to move in with another girl- her room-mate went home...so I am not sure what will be happening with this empty space. I will ask in the morning if I will be getting a room-mate and if so when- so I have an idea of what might be happening.
Thats it for now...
Midge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Marissa,,
sounds like a lot of running around to get your schedule....it will all come together in time....enjoy every moment...have fun at the party!!!!
Love,
Mom :)
Hey,
You know what they say - "variety is the spice of life". How boring would it be if everyone (every school) did everything the same?
You'll figure things out - you always have.
Hope the inauguration party was fun - I'll have the t.v. on in the classroom once mid-terms are done.
We'll "talk" ... somehow.
Love you
Dad
Hi Marissa, Peper and I watched the inauguration ceremonies today from 7 AM until 6 PM. Then tonight we'll watch the ball. Bet we'll see some nice gowns. Hope you had fun at the party. African Pop Music sounds like it will be fun. Hope your next roommate is a good one.
Love
Memere and Pepere
Hi again, We just looked ar all your pictures on Picasa. Didn't like the looks of those ant hills!I don't think we expected to see that such a nice beach. Looks like everyone was having a great time. Great pictures.
Love, Memere and Pepere
Hi Marissa,
Sorry we didn't get to see you before you left. Sounds like it's hectic there but well worth it. Your pictures were amazing (except for the anthills, which ARE amazing, but totally creep me out!!!). It's hard to believe that you're actually in a place that is so different than any place that I've ever been or even thought of going to. There is nooooo comparison to our little corner of Maine. So happy for you that you are able to experience this. Enjoy your time there and keep the blogs coming.
Love,
Aunt Elaine, Uncle Dave, & kids
Post a Comment