A few things- nothing to exciting right now...
I meet a porter Benjamin the other night in the night market (Porter are the I guess equivalent of a door man/handy man/ security to the hostels) They are all very nice men. Benjamin works in the other ISH. I am in one he works in 2. We were talking as we were waiting for our food- he was bundled up in a jacket and long sleeve shirt and I asked him if he was cold and he said yes- He said it is to cold. He then asked if I liked the weather standing there in a short and t-shirt and I said yes it is very nice out. I believe it was about 75F/ 25C out. I then said at home it is very cold and this is like summer weather and he asked me how cold it was at home right now and I told him it was about -21C with out a second he asked me how we live there? Its true- why do we live in such cold weather?
I have no classes today- taking it easy for my crazy day on Tuesday, we shall see how that goes- Not looking to getting up sooo early! Andi invited me to the beach on Wed I think I will go for a little while...most of you know I hate the beach- but it is nice to get out of the building for a bit.
Saturday and Sunday we go on a weekend trip to the Cape Coast and Elmina- these cities have some of the old slave holdings and other old buildings. I am not sure what else we are doing specifically on this trip. The next weekend we go to Kumasi. And the weekend after that a group of us are planning a trip to the mouth of Lake Volta and the meeting on the Ocean. I think I will go. It should be a lot of fun. I am going to try to at least do one day trip a weekend if not one night somewhere. We will see how that goes- it is also going to be hard until I know what my finals schedule is...Finals are scheduled for 3 weeks so hopefully the schedule will allow for some travel.
Surprisingly it gets very dark very early here- for some reason I did not expect that. Sleeping-in in the morning is basically impossible especially because I dont have curtains on my window- and i dont feel like buying them...I have an eye mask which at least helps a little. It gets dark around 6pm and the sun rises at 6am- and I guess this is basically year round...I dont know why? It seems like it would not because of the proximity to the equator.
Thank you for all the comments so far. As you can see in the pictures and such things are going well. I promise lots more pictures in the coming weekends- days around here will not produce many pictures but the trips outside of Accra will. I am hopefully going to see Theresa/Melissant- the two ISEP people here about volunteering soon and getting that going...I cant wait...
Thats it for now..
Midge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Marissa, we're enjoying your blogs. Keep them coming. Sounds like you're going to be on the go with all your trips, classes, etc., but it all sounds very interesting and fun. Looking forward for your next adventure. ENJOY !
Love
Memere and Pepere
Hey,
I agree - why do we live in this place?
COLD & SNOW (Wednesday?) I'm ready
for a change in scenery. Not sure
Africa would be my first choice but
oh well. Saw Ellen Peters at the play
yesterday she (like everyone we tell
about you) was AMAZED! We'll talk.
Love you, Dad
Hi Marissa,
I just got caught up on your blogs...Wow! What an adventure. I don't think I could have gone on such a journey at that age. Good for you. Love the pictures. I try to get caught up every once in a while...I'll comment next time I am on. Stay safe.
Love Aunt MaryAnn
what movie is this (what do think about what happen to antwon? Who's antwon? Tony rocky horror,you know him)
Post a Comment