This entry is for a few days…
So yesterday (Tuesday) was a very exciting day. I went to my first class outside of the required Twi class. I went to African Drumming for International students. It was a lot of fun. I have to get this class approved at home because it was not in the regular class catalog so hopefully that will happen :). Andi and myself went to the African Pop Class but like most classes here they did not start this week. We walked around the campus for a bit to see if anything had been updated at the departments but nothing new for me.... but this morning...
Wednesday Update:
I got classes!!!!!!! I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday- which is awesome! Tuesday is going to be a very long morning but its okay...
Tuesday-
7:30am-9:25 am: Play Analysis and Interpretation III
9:30-10:25: African Drumming for International Students
11:30-1:30: African Pop Music
5:30-7:00pm: Twi Language
Thursday:
10:30am-11:25am Drumming
3:30-5:25 Theatre Management
5:30-7pm: TWI
The campus is huge so getting from one class to the next will be interesting with technically only 5 minutes between classes. Hopefully once 'real' classrooms are listed they will be in my favor. But something really nice is the drumming class takes place outside under trees! What better classroom then that.
I did some laundry last night, Lets just say- It was a nice experience but not what I am gonna do for the semester!!!
Some people are going on hike tomorrow (Thursday). I would love to go but since I am actually needing to go to classes because Drumming did start this week and the Management class I had to get special permission for I do not want to skip the first one (I will be one of the only white students and he has meet me already...good impressions??) Some people are contently complaining that we haven't gone anywhere yet- in my mind we have been here for 10 days and we have a lot of time to go. I am thankful to my class schedule because it will give me days that I can find a travel buddy and just go and not miss classes :) I think my plan is to do Wed. Volunteer day-not sure where yet, I will go to Auntie Theresa on Thursday to discuss options.
I am not sure what I am going to do this weekend, but we are going on a day trip to a park- I will get the spelling of the name at some point- I guess this is the best time to see everything in bloom. I guess it’s about a 7.5 mile hike and there are many different things to see there. It should be fun! There is a Durbar on Saturday Afternoon/night for international students- the best description that I got from someone was music, food, and dance- should be a lot of fun. Not sure what I am going to do the rest of the weekend. I think I will try to attend service on Sunday.
The inauguration party was a lot of fun. It would have been nice to get there when we were suppose to but time does not play a huge factor in life here so we left about an hour late. It was at the W.E.B Du Bois center which is the final resting place for him. There were people from all over the world and locals who joined in on the celebration.
Midge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi there,
I am so happy that your classes are scheduled and what a schedule you have!!!! Lucky you....
Was so looking forward in connecting with you but understand this internet thing is not so reliable on your end!
Enjoy every moment and so looking forward in chatting with you :)
Love you, Mom
Hi Marissa, Pepere and I enjoy reading your blogs.We're assuming that TWI is the language where you are. Drumming sounds like fun and I'm sure having an outside class is good. Is it very hot? Lucky you, only two days of classes but Tuesdays are long days. Thursdays look better. Will theatre management be in the TWI language or English? Is laundry done in a machine or by hand? Too bad you'll miss the hike but you'll have time to go on others.It doesn't seem possible that you've already been there 10 days. What is Durbar? Well enough questions for now. Looking forward for your next update.
Love, Memere and Pepere
Hello,
It sounds like you are having a great time. That is great about your classes. How is the weather? Remember we are buried in snow!! You would die we have so much and it is so cold!!
We are still so proud of you and miss you tons.
Love you,
Auntie and Wayne
Xoxo
Post a Comment