Sunday, May 3, 2009

The things I will and not Miss!

So since I am at 18 days away to my departure back to the states I think I can make a pretty good list of what I will miss and will not miss about my new home away from home.

Things I will not miss-
Dirt and dust covered everything
Ants in your bed
Dirty and Dry feet all the time no matter what you do to them
not knowing where to find the next toilet
Carrying Toilet Paper around
Freezing cold showers- some days they felt good
The fear of road crashes
Mates and Drivers hitting on you
Having people ask you where you are going?
No water in the hostel
Hand washing cloths- the little that I do
Really slow internet
Needing a sweat rag all the time

Things I will miss-
The great friends I made here
The laziness of everyday
The kids at the orphanage
Sun all the time
TroTros- even though they are hot!
Church Service
The friendliness of the people
The beauty of the country
Lectures- I actually enjoyed them- though I didn't learn that much they were always enjoyable
The culture that Ghana has- does America have one?

Things I am looking to at home:
seeing friends and family
milk and cheese
not sweating just getting out of bed
Water that you can drink always available and not in sachets
DIET COKE DIET COKE DIET COKE!!!!

Feeling much better after being up most of the light vomiting- but maybe that is what I needed. At least I am feeling better. Relaxing for the day. Israel and his brother Wisdom might be coming over later but thats about it.

Midge

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you were up all night puking but glad you are feeling better ... maybe you are turning the corner. took the cover off the pool yesterday revealing the standard green spring water. Mike's is coming (maybe this week) to work on the leak from last fall and we are also redoing the deck (similar to what we had in Standish) should look really good! Went to Gritty's with memere and pepere for their anniversary last night/ Fotgot that we had a coupon - we will have to go when you get home so we can spend it! Church service auction today - mom says we are leaving the house about quarter to nine so I gotta get going. We are counting the days too. Love you! dad

Anonymous said...

Marissa,
I am glad that you are feeling better....maybe all the toxic crap is out of you....keeping my fingers crossed.
I like your list.....
Have a better day today....
Love you, Mom :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

DIET COKE!!! YEAH!!

Hallie :)