Monday, May 18, 2009

Good Bye Ghana

So I leave Ghana in about 60 hours. It feels so long from now though. The hostel is very quiet. About 12 people left Saturday, 10 on Sunday and 8 today from the ISEP group. There are very few people in the hostel. And last night we lost water and power for most of the day. Its amazing what the sound of a fan can make when it is silent! I am basically packed. Just waiting for some laundry to dry and the rest can fill the bag. Though I have to check 3 bags I easily packed everything away. I some how just lost my third lock but we have been told we can't lock bags here so I am putting locks on the two bags that have the irreplaceables in it. Who knows- if they really want something they will take it. I had all three yesterday and I have no idea where the third one went- I will find it in one of my bags when I unpack!

60 Hours- wow! so long but soooooo short. I can't believe how fast and then how slow the term has gone for me. It feels so long ago that I stepped off the plane and was like oh god I am in Africa- but it is soooo soon too. How can 126 days go by so fast and it seems all like a distant memory now. I have had an absolutely amazing time here but I can't wait until I get home and see friends and family- of how I miss you those that I have talked to and those who I have not talked to I think of all of you soo much. Things have changed about who I am- it wouldnt have been that way at Southern and I am glad that I got to experience all of the things that I did.

This is my last entry until I get home on Saturday at some point. I just need to reflect and enjoy my last days by myself- try to forget, try to remember, try to see and feel all the things one last time, say final so-longs and move on but never forget the friends and the memories that were made. But Ghana I am gonna miss you and I can't wait until the day I step back on your clay ground but feel that I am at home.

Love you all- and see you very soon!!!
midge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well it has been quite a ride.
THANX for sharing it! I wish
I was going to New York but the
days off without pay would be
hard to swallow. I'll see you
Friday or Saturday - your call.
Steve had mom's car in the shop
today and gonna bring it back
tomorrow, too. LOF and making
sure the AC is functioning ...
who knows how hot it will be in
N.Y. & CT - of course nothing
like what you have been in, but
Mom and Kendra will appreciate.

Love you, Dad

Anonymous said...

hope your last night in your beloved Africa was restful for you....so you in less than 36 hours....
Love you, Mom :