
Tonight was fun. Keilan, Steve, Mega B and I went to Kumo a Japanese Steakhouse-- A new experience for both Keilan and Mega. I think they liked it! We did have a fun time. We then headed to Ikea for Mega's first time. I was the only one who bought things but that is okay. Its the memories that we made tonight that will live longer then the things bought and the food ate. We returned to room 511-- Which is very empty and lonely, even last night was very lonely... and now that everything of Keilan's is gone and everything but my laptop and bedding is packed i feel like i am in jail.... but so we came back and I got a heart filled road trip bag full of snacks and of course two CDs that i requested so i can have music for the road trip. I have 77.7% of the CDs that was requested according to the math genies (Steve).... The other 33.3% are people from home that i haven't seen yet-- and i didn't expect them to mail them to me because i am going home tomorrow.
I got my packet from Dr. Olson-- i skimmed it but didn't read it word for word because i will do that in the car ride-- I downloaded and printed a few things at the library today but now the book hunting starts-- and i dont think library books will cut it.... lol...These two pictures are the few that I can find of the University of Ghana...

For those who do not know Ghana is in Africa-- on the West Horn. The University is about 15 minutes outside of Accra which is the capitol.

So you may ask why Ghana? I wanted to study abroad for a long time. I thought about South Africa in High School- But that never happened. I am only getting older and who knows what opportunities will come in the future. I as most of you know do not like the beaten path but the one less traveled. Ghana is natural. Ghana is reserved. Ghana is peaceful. Cities are nice but i wanted the opportunity to see a land that has not been commercialized and taken over by the corporation that we have almost everywhere else in the world. People take everything around us for granted. Can't we sit back and take a minute and be thankful for what we have? So my goal is to see what i believe, what i want in life, what the meaning of life is (i know its a stretch but this might help.) I want to be able to look back on my life and know that i did the things that I WANTED to do.... so if you have any questions let me know--- i might not have an answer today (7 months before i leave) but hopefully a year from now coming home i can answer questions in a different enlightened way.
So this is the beginning i promise of at least weekly updates--- and also what is going on else where in my life...
Midge
No comments:
Post a Comment