So there are about 12 weeks from today to the day that I depart for Ghana. I just received an email from ISEP and we will be learning on January 11th at 10:30pm from JFK :)
I went back to one of my old blogs to get this information:
So you may ask why Ghana? I wanted to study abroad for a long time. I thought about South Africa in High School- But that never happened. I am only getting older and who knows what opportunities will come in the future. I , as most of you know do not like the beaten path but the one less traveled. Ghana is natural. Ghana is reserved. Ghana is peaceful. Cities are nice but i wanted the opportunity to see a land that has not been commercialized and taken over by the corporation that we have almost everywhere else in the world. People take everything around us for granted. Can't we sit back and take a minute and be thankful for what we have? So my goal is to see what i believe, what i want in life, what the meaning of life is (i know its a stretch but this might help.) I want to be able to look back on my life and know that i did the things that I WANTED to do.... so if you have any questions let me know--- i might not have an answer today (7 months before i leave) but hopefully a year from now coming home i can answer questions in a different enlightened way.
I also have recently submitted my application for National Geographic's Glimpse Correspondence Internship program. I will know at the beginning on December. I believe I have some good work but not sure if I have what they are looking for. But you will never know unless you try by submitting application after application for things that you want.
Please remind me if i forget to blog...I will try but a push might be needed.
Midge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment